The (Foreseeable) Future of A Caffeinated GC | Month 1 Update

Hello! It's been a while since I've posted on this blog, and for good reason. Grad school is in full swing and the adjustment period took much longer than I had originally anticipated. I've got a full week of classes, and am enjoying every single one of them. It's kind of a unique feeling to actually like all of the classes you're taking, and it's even stranger to realize that everything you're learning in all of your classes directly applies to what you want to do with your life!

As you might expect, my blog will have to take a backseat for the next couple of years because school is obviously a priority. However, I do want to continue to update you guys about how school is going, new challenges, study tips, accomplishments, and my ever-changing self-care strategies. So, I will do my best to try to post once a month (ha ha). Hopefully this is something of interest to you, because realistically this is all I can offer for now. So, let's just jump right in!



~ Month 1 ~

The transition back to school was challenging. I felt like it had been so long since I was in classes that I basically had to re-learn how to study and manage my time. What felt different this time around was that I had taken those two years off from school, and in that time I was able to work on my mental health and was in a really good space prior to entering school. And now that I'm in school again, taking care of my mental health is more of a priority now than it was in undergrad. So, part of that transition was finding a balance between school and fun. One of the little things I do to maintain that balance is to have dinner with my best friend. Just the act of stepping away from the books and sitting with a friend to share a meal is a nice break from studying all the time. I have classes everyday of the week and I'm thinking about school for the majority of my day, so carving out that one hour of my day to catch up with my best friend and just watch TV is important to me.

Another new thing I'm doing is a meal delivery service. Because I commute to school, I don't have the luxury of coming home to cook or make meals, but I wanted to make sure that eating (something I rare did in undergrad) was something I didn't give up because I was lazy or too busy with studying. I'm also not the biggest fan of meal prepping, just because I do spend most of my weekend...studying. So, I looked into the meal delivery services that will send you pre-cooked meals and all you have to do is microwave them! I've been doing this for a couple of weeks now and I really like it! It's convenient and I have such a wide variety of meal choices, and what I like most of all is that the meals that are prepared for me are definitely healthier than anything I would cook for myself. And because a lot of those services get cheaper per meal the larger the package you get, my best friend and I split one of the larger packages so each meal ends up being around $8 (which saves me money on all the take out I used to order). 

I'm not sure if you want to hear about school, and I'm not even sure if i want to talk about school, but basically: grad school is hard. KGI's program is structured in a way that has students take the majority of their coursework in the first year, and the second year is spent primarily in clinical rotations. So, my first two semesters are very rigorous. Everyone I've spoken to about my course work has validated what I've been feeling, I am learning a lot of information. But, on the bright side, I do get excited about all the things I am learning, which does take the sting away from the sheer amount of reading and studying I do every week. I do want to say that all of my mentors (new and old) have been extremely supportive, and the program leadership is really involved and is really invested in our success, and that is incredibly reassuring. I also have some of the best classmates, who let me study in their apartments, use their microwaves, offer me their couches for sleepovers. There is something really special about having a group of amazing women going on this journey with me, it feels like a weird little science sorority. 

Most Challenging Class: Human Molecular Genetics
Most Interesting Class: Human Molecular Genetics
Most Excited For: Planning my thesis
Dreading: Human Molecular Genetics exam...
Favorite Topic Right Now: Birth defects and learning to read ultrasounds

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dear,
    Thanks for sharing such useful blog. Really! This Blog is very informative for us which contain lot of information about online clothing. I like this post. Please visit at "Sarkis Agasarkisian", i hope you may like our clothing.

    Visit Here - https://www.ajc.com/

    Thanks Regards,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All through the years my father has battled with Prostate Cancer and Brain Cancer, he was able to overcome these sickness through the herbal formula gotten from Dr Myron herbal mixture, it was really tough we spend our hard earned money on hospital bills and surgery that didn't work but at last God showed us love by directing us to Dr Myron, if you ask me I will say Dr Myron herbal products are the best remedy for anytype of Cancer and disease, he is a renowned herbal practitioner and he is very perfect in his work. don't waste your time on hospital medicine that won't work, turn to Dr Myron and receive your permanent healing. You can reach out on him through his email drmyronherbaltemple@gmail.com or call/Whatsapp +2348158836673 also follow and contact him on his page https://www.facebook.com/Cures-For-All-Diseases-Infections-871928749823509/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm 61 years old. I contracted HPV in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr voodoo herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr. voodoo he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr. voodoo make it possible for me. Here is Dr. voodoo email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348140120719 he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today is a marvelous day, so I have to come publicly to let those who care to listen and willing to bring back their lost heart desires to know about a legitimate spell caster, Dr Ozigidon. I am here today to testify about Dr Ozigidon. My name is Willie Trunk from Georgia, USA. I came here to testify about a legitimate spell caster Dr Ozigidon, who helped me to reunite with my ex husband after 3 years of divorce. I contacted him on Whats-App (+2349054750112) after reading so many testimonies of his powerful spell and within 48 hours my husband and I were reunited. Today our marriage is full of much love like we never had a divorce. I appreciate the good work of Dr Ozigidon and I am recommending him with trust to everyone who wants their heart desires back or has fertility challenges. Contact his email (drozigidonhenz.spell.net@gmail.com) With all confidence, you shall give a great testimony. Thanks to Dr Ozigidon for everything he did for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm posting this testimony because I want someone out there to get his/her happiness back. The great Dr Ozigidon has helped me in a million ways since I got his contact online three years ago. He saved my marriage and saved my brother from going to jail with his great power. I so much appreciate his power. just contact Dr Ozigidon for any kind of help you desire. He did it for me and he can do yours too. Email: drozigidonhenz.spell.net@gmail.com.. also call or Whats-App him via +2349054750112.
    I was truly down years ago. But this great powerful spell cast saved me. He can change your stories too, my friends. contact him as fast as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was für ein Aufschreiber, Kumpel. Nach einem hektischen Tag brauche ich etwas weed online kaufen und einen schönen Artikel wie diesen, um mich zu beruhigen. Weiter so guter Arbeitskollege. @ YUNGREDDGOTIT auf WICKR// . Gott segne.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts